Monday, March 30, 2009

St Augustine, FL

Is there a person in the world who doesn't love lighthouses? Before visiting this one, I have only been inside one other one, in Door County, WI, when visiting my aunt and uncle in Fish Creek. This one is in St. Augustine, FL, the oldest continuously settled city in America (I think?). Anyway, this is their lighthouse. Fortunately, on this trip, I am accompanied by my coworker Chandra, a young (32) sprightly chicky who is up for anything. She is even afraid of heights but is such a trooper that she did not disclose this potential lighthouse climbing deal breaker until we were halfway up the 200+ stairs. Whatta gal! Anyway, we made it up (seems less stairs than 200+), and were treated to an awesome view of the city:

The actual lighthouse, from the path
Looking up from the bottom
View from the top
Chan the Super Trooper
We totally did not eat at this restaurant
This one is for Mimi since she is obsessed with pirates. Arrrrr!

No comments: