Monday, March 30, 2009

Something from my childhood

We were driving to the Fernandina Beach Farmer's Market on Saturday, and I was giving Chan directions to the location, when I saw this on the map:

Uh....what? Really? The Pippi Longstocking House? I lurved Pippi Longstocking when I was a kid. I mean, a girl with keen fashion sense, wild hair, that lives alone with her horse and monkey? Sweet. So we drove to the location on the map, which was not exactly clear, and I found the house through memory alone. And here it is!

Villa Villekula! Chan had no idea who Pippi was, so I took it upon myself to skool her in the ways of the daughter of a sailor lost at sea, with the wild hair. It turns out that this is where the American version of the movie was filmed. Awesome. Pippi rules. Can I get a witness?

1 comment:

Ben August said...

Amen! I loved Pippi!