Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beer Cap Pasta

I've had a homemade pasta recipe for a while, and I got a chance to try it out about 2 weeks ago while Austin was in Las Vegas. I rolled out a bunch of pasta by hand. People....pasta dough is really, really hard to roll out by hand. But I rolled it out, and then cut it in strips with a pizza wheel. With the leftover dough, I thought I would try to make Amelia a fun pasta shape to eat. Since all my cookie cutters were just too big and I had nothing to cut the pasta into a cute shape, I decided to use a beer bottle cap. But I didn't have any spare bottle caps laying around, so I decided to take one for the team and open a beer so I could use the cap. Of, of course I drank it.

Sam Adam's springtime White Ale.
Cutting out the cap shapes

Trying to take pics like Deb from the Smitten Kitchen but failing miserably because I have a dark kitchen.

Boiling the pastas. In the end, Amelia wouldn 't eat the pasta, so I did.

THIS is what she ate.....yes that is what you think it is. Ramen and M&Ms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that looks like 2 of the 4 main food groups. You're just missing caramels and fudge. :-)

yo mama