Monday, March 30, 2009

Cumberland Island Tour

Not far off from Amelia Island is Cumberland Island, GA. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumberland_Island It is a privately owned island that is now 90% occupied by the National Park Service. It has an interesting history. On Saturday, we took a tour of the Cumberland Sound to see the island and it's wild horses.

Bathroom on the ferry. I really had to go or I wouldn't have subjected myself to hearing my fellow travelers talk while I peed. Or having them hear me pee while they talk.
Me and Chan on the ferry. This picture was funny because I asked the lady half of this elderly couple to take it, and the husband kept barking orders to the wife on how to take the picture.
Fort Clinch from the ferry. More on that later
Cumberland Island's famous wild horses.
This is one handsome shark.

No comments: