Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Amelia's First Trip to the ER!





Tonight, after I got home from work, Amelia was following me out of the bathroom. She was wearing these suede-soled boots and she slipped on the tile floor and took a header into the edge of the bathroom closet door. She got a goose egg and a big bruise on her forehead within 30 seconds, and it looked awful. She was screaming, and it kept swelling, so we decided to take her to the ER. Of course, I had no idea where an ER was in this town, so I had to look one up on the internet. She saw a doctor, and he says she will be fine, but she will have a knot on her head for a few days, and then a nice big bruise for a few weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that poor baby. my mother used to put a cold butter knife on bumps to make the swelling go down. (I don't think it ever worked)

Anonymous said...

I think a cold knife would work, just like the cold metal thing they put on boxer's faces, but Amelia hates anything on her face and head. We haven't been able to keep an ice pack on her or anything.

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing. This will probably be the first of many bumps. Glad she's ok.

Felde Family said...

Ouch! I am going to repeat Austins mom this is not going to be the first, unfortunately the first time they get really hurt is sooo scary! Chloe now thinks it is the funniest thing to climb up on everything!!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I need to call you before you move to Idaho!!!!! I've just been busy with work and baby and ER visits and stuff. I *really* want Amelia to play with Chloe before you leave!