Friday, January 11, 2008

Thanks Grandma Dawn Part 2--Updated

Call me superstitious...whatever. I'm sure I'll jinx myself saying it, but I have to: We got the blanket from Grandma Dawn on Wednesday afternoon, and I tucked it in around Amelia's mattress so she could lay on it (she kicks blankets off if they are on top of her) and it's soft and would keep her warm.

Anyway, the big deal is that on both Wednesday and Thursday, Amelia has slept through the night, 12+ hrs straight each night. This shouldn't be a big deal, but Amelia has been sleeping crappy for a few weeks lately.

My theory is that Grandma Dawn knew we were exhausted, so she soaked Amelia's blanket in ether before sending it. When Amelia lays on it, her body heat releases the ether vapors, which then send her gently off into dreamland....

Thanks again Grandma Dawn!
1/22/08--Amelia is still going strong...1 1/2 weeks of sleeping through the night and counting.


4 comments:

Felde Family said...

I have been such a crappy friend, I am really not avoiding you or anything, give me a call and I will explain everything,we are taking off in three weeks! I am so happy to be out of here!

Anonymous said...

Since Grandma Dawn doesn't have the internet (or even a computer) I will let her know how much the blanket is helping Amelia sleep. She'll be so happy to hear that! It's probably helping because she pours so much love into every blanket she makes.

Jeff and Dana said...

the same thing happened to bailey when we got back from christmas break in prineville. she slept like a pro for a week, and now she is back to her normal self...waking up at least 3 times a night in a panic because she doesn't have her binky. it's a pain. hope it works out better for you. if so, where can i get some ether?

and what is your email address now that you moved?

Anonymous said...

Dina, you've sent me email since I moved! You know my email address.