Saturday, June 16, 2007

Welcome Bailey!



Meet my new niece! Bailey Hope Jones was born today, Saturday, June 16th, at 4:09am, at the Seaside Providence Hospital in Oregon. Bailey weighs 8 pounds 3 ounces. She was a little cranky at birth, and wouldn't let the doctor measure how long she was, so we are still waiting to hear on her length. Bailey's parents are my sister, Dana, and her husband Jeff. They live in Cannon Beach, Oregon. What a great early Father's Day present Bailey is for Jeff!
My sister had a high fever during the delivery, and Bailey had a hard time breathing on her own, so she was taken by helicopter to a hospital in Portland, where they will keep an eye on her for a few days. My sister will be released from the hospital tomorrow morning, and they will be going to Portland right away, and we all hope Bailey will go home soon!
My sister actually managed to keep the baby's name a secret her entire pregnancy, because she was afraid people wouldn't like it, but everybody thinks Bailey is a great name! And believe me, I tried plenty of tricks to get her to reveal the name, but Dana didn't fall for it once. I claimed, among other things, that I was making a personalized quilt for the baby (I don't quilt) and also that I wanted to get a jump on the baby announcements that I am ordering...ha ha ha!
My parents are especially excited because Bailey is their 3rd granddaughter born in less than a year, and for my Grandma Betty, this is her 4th great-granddaughter born in just over a year: Kylie, my cousin's baby was born June 5, 2006, Sophie on Sept 14, 2006, Amelia on Sept 27, 2006, and today, Bailey!

No comments: