Monday, June 4, 2007

Clovis weather




Wow. We are so ready to move out of Clovis and go somewhere that's just a little nicer. A place that doesn't have creepy thunderstorm invasions and killer tornadoes. These are some pictures that were taken last night. The pictures (from the top) are facing towards the west, south, and east. Isn't that a nasty looking cloud? I was sure that there would definitely be another tornado, but we only had a little bit of light rain, and then it passed us by.
What was kind of creepy for us is that even the native Clovisians (um?) in our neighborhood were outside watching the clouds, as you can see in the middle picture. I would hope that this type of weather wouldn't be a big deal to them, but apparently it was freaky enough for them to take a look also.
Tonight I ran out to get some ice cream an hour ago, and when I came back, there were more scary clouds, and even *purple* horizontal lightning...I've definitely never seen that before!

No comments: