Saturday, June 23, 2007

A little bit of math, and Erin's obsession

Austin made the comment the other day that I've definitely gotten my money's worth with my digital camera, since I seem to be using it all the time. I take so many pictures that our hard drive is completely full. Since I normally don't print out pictures unless I am going to send them to family, or use them for Amelia's scrapbook, I don't have many printed pictures anymore and if our computer crashes, all of the pictures will be lost. So I went to Radio Shack today to look at an external hard drive to save all of the pictures on. I found one that holds 150 GB for a really, really low price, so I bought it.

Then I got curious, so I went through my files to see how many pictures I've taken with this camera. As of today, I have 1,531 pictures saved. I've had the camera for 119 days, so that averages out to about 13 pictures a day. After transferring all of the pictures from my computer to the new hard drive, I've used 5 GB of 149 available GB. That leaves 144 GB. I did a little more math, and I should be able to save at least 45,000 digital pictures on the drive at the current size of files which I take now. With this much space, I should be able to take 13 pictures a day for the next 9 1/2 years, which should take me all the way up to Amelia's 10th birthday...bring on the camera!!!!

No comments: