Friday, June 19, 2009

Amelia's New Haircut





For those of you who are on Facebook, these pics are old news to you, since I took them about 2 weeks ago, so if you have seen them before, just pretend like you haven't.
I have cut Amelia's bangs like 4 times in her life. Amelia hates having her bangs trimmed. She screams like I am going to poke her eyes out with my rounded edge safety scissors. She goes into a full freak out. So I try to avoid it as much as possible, and usually cut them very short so she can go another 6-9 months before the next trim. She has never had the back of her hair cut, and at 2 1/2, it was wavy and halfway down her back. She is doing better with ponytails lately, but she ends up yanking them out after a while.
On this day, we decided to stealth cut her hair. She was sitting in my lap, and Austin came up with the scissors and a paper plate to put the hair on. I cut the back, and put the cut hair on the paper plate, then cut again, and again, and again. And it turned out really cute! It is so much cooler for the summer and easier to take care of.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LURVE IT.
SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU AND ME!!

Erin, Austin, Amelia, Colin, and Aidan said...

Thank you, Anonymous poster.