Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Amelia has found her soul mate.


We've been talking about getting a dog for about six months, but have been nervous to take that step. We really think that all kids need a dog, and we wanted one that would be calm and good with kids. Well, we found Buddy. He is almost 8 months old, half golden retriever, 1/4 irish setter, and 1/4 cocker spaniel. We adopted him yesterday and he and Amelia bonded over a hug and a shared plate of macaroni and cheese. I met his doggy parents at the same time that I met Buddy, and I fell in love with all of them. Really sweet, calm, inquisitive dogs. I had planned on naming him Pluto after Amelia's favorite cartoon dog, but she picked Buddy instead and it stuck. We really could not have found a better doggy.

1 comment:

Riley's said...

I just can't believe how big she has gotten! That's a beautiful dog!