Thursday, December 11, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes (or really....9 months and 6 days)

It wasn't until I posted the playground pictures the other day that I realized how much Amelia has grown in the past year. I really miss the chubby, pliable, cuddly baby that she was, but, man....I LURVE the tall, skinny, sassy, kissy, madly-in-love-with-her-daddy two year old that she is now. No, really, I mourn the baby that she used to be, and I terrorize her by rocking her in my arms and saying she is my baby, which she secretly adores.

Maybe I will say this next year, when Amelia is three, but I really do believe that the biggest changes happen between one and two. And trust me, you won't believe how fast they grow up...so this is a message to the first time moms out there...(especially new moms Thu-Mai and Kyla)...seriously...I know it sounds silly, but savor every moment of your baby. It really goes by too fast. I remember wishing that Amelia was one, or two...so she would be easier, and more fun to play with, but, you WILL miss your baby. For me, it went by too... too fast.

Below is a picture of Mimi from February 2008, with short hair and chubby cheeks, and under it is a picture of Mimi from last month...long hair, sassiness, motormouth that is always running.


3 comments:

Ben August said...

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

She has gotten so big! I can't believe she is already two! I'm almost 6 months preggers now, time does fly! Much Love to you all, Colleen

Erin, Austin, Amelia, Colin, and Aidan said...

Colleen-

I'm sorry....you are WHAT????? PREGNANT? Congratulations!!!!!!! Where are you? We MISS YOU sooooo much.