Thursday, December 11, 2008

New words!

Amelia is talking and talking and talking...

About a week or so ago, Amelia gave something to Austin, and he said, "Thank you." Amelia responded with, "De nada."

What??? Did we hear that right? I told Austin to say "Gracias" to her, and she responded again with "De nada." Now she knows that when we say "Thank you" to her, that she should respond with "You're welcome" (or Keh-come), and to say "De nada" when we say "Gracias."

I know Amelia watches a lot of TV, even though we promised to ourselves that she would not be a TV baby, but she totally learned that from watching Dora and Diego. She can also say "Hi," "Grandpa," and "Thank you," in Mandarin Chinese. She's so awesome...and tri-lingual.

Her new words are "turtle," "octopus," and "crab," which are the animal shapes that her bath toys are in.

Today when I called home, Austin asked if she wanted to talk to Mommy. (She always calls me "Mama"). And she got on the phone and said, "Hi Mommy!" and since I'm homesick and I miss my family it made me smile hugely while also tearing up a little.

No comments: