Thursday, October 2, 2008

I swear this happened!

Since I turned 33 in August, I've realized two things.

1. I've reached an age where I am going to start lying about my age. So, from now on, I'm actually 31 years old.

2. Next to my handsome younger husband, I look pretty old.

So I went today and bought my first jar of anti-aging night cream. I bought the Neutrogena stuff with active copper.

I'm in Tucson, AZ, until tomorrow, working. Myhotel has a manager's reception every night, so tonight I went down to get my free glass of wine. The bartender, a lovely Spanish woman in her forties, asked for my ID. I told her I left it in the room, but that I could get it. I thought, at this point, she would say, "Oh that's okay, don't worry about it," but she said, "I would really appreciate it."

So I go to my room, get the ID and go back to get my wine. She looks at my ID, does the math, and says, 'Oh my god! I thought you were SEVENTEEN. Your skin is beautiful!"

And sitting there, at sunset, at a table near the pool, drinking my wine, I actually felt that my skin WAS beautiful. And then I went to my room to slather on my new night cream so I will look seventeen even in the bright daylight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl. You always did have great skin. Now is the time to start taking care of it so it's always beautiful.

Mom