Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mermaid!



I'm pretty weird about swimming in natural areas, like rivers and lakes and oceans. I'm always afraid that a shark or muskie or alligator gar is going to eat me. I remember swimming in the YMCA pool, and psyching myself out that there just might be a shark behind me. We went to the Corpus Christi Beach yesterday, and Amelia and I missed being stung by a jellyfish by about a foot. Yikes. Today, we went to North Padre Island, and at every beach we went to, the shore was clogged with gobs of seaweed, and the water was full of it. Every time a wave would hit, seaweed would tangle around my ankles, and really skeeve me out, and Amelia hated it too.
So, we hung out on shore. Austin went for a walk to a nearby pier, and Amelia and I pulled out our sand toys and played in the sand. Amelia was just sitting there, so I put some sand on her legs. She didn't mind, so I kept piling it on. After I buried her legs, I decided to see if she would sit still long enough so I could fashion a mermaid's tail. I still can't believe she let me do it.

No comments: