Sunday, April 29, 2007

New Swing




When Austin and I moved into this house, I saw a grape vine curled around a clothesline pole in the backyard. I thought, "Great! I can make my own hooch." And I was excited to see the vine getting greener and grapes starting to sprout on it. And then...it was infested by box elder beetles, and all the grapes disappeared. So, this morning, Amelia woke me up at 6:30am and while she took a nap later in the morning, I went out into the backyard to do some yard work. Wanting to avoid another infestation, I hacked that grape vine down with my clippers, and I was left with a bare clothesline pole. We can't hang clothes to dry on the clothesline, since it is so windy and dusty here that any clothes would get dirty, so I decided to put up a swing for Amelia. And here it is! She wasn't so sure of it this first time, but I'm sure she will love it soon.

No comments: