Thursday, March 22, 2007

What do you call this color?





Here's some pictures I took today of Amelia's eyes. Before she was born, Austin tried to convince me of his "strong genes" so of course she would look just like him and and his dad and Colin and Aidan. I've got pretty strong genes too, considering I look just like my mom. So out comes Amelia, and for a while, she looked a lot like Austin and Colin. Then, for a while, she looked like me, and now I don't think she looks like either of us. You all know that I have pale blue eyes, and Austin has warm golden-brown eyes. Austin wants Amelia to have his eyes, and of course, I want her to have my eyes. All the baby books say that eye color is pretty much set by this age (she is almost 6 months), so it looks like neither of us got our way with the eye color.
What exactly do you call this color? It's not blue, it's not brown. Sometimes it looks gray, but then in these pictures it looks green, which kind of makes sense, because my sister Dana has green eyes (my dad has eyes like Austin and my eyes are just like my mom's). You can click on the pictures to enlarge them. What do you think?

1 comment:

Jeff and Dana said...

They look like her Auntie Dina's eyes (when you enlarge the picture).