Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Half-Birthday to Amelia!

A half-cake for a half-birthday
(Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper Flavor)
She is not as close to the candles as it looks!
Hey, Mommy, why did you blow the candles out?
First taste of cake!
Playing with her half-birthday present
Today was Amelia's HALF-BIRTHDAY! What is a half-birthday? It means she is six months old. I know it probably sounds funny, but it's totally normal to me, since for many years in grade school, I celebrated my half birthday. My birthday is in August when school is out, so the teachers would let me bring in a treat on my half-birthday. And besides, September 27th is soooo far away! Amelia loved her first taste of birthday cake! (It is pretty good) At first, she made some awful faces, but she never let go of the spoon. And, no, I don't normally feed her cake...this is a special occasion, silly! She is normally on a strict diet of breast milk and pureed baby foods. For her present, I bought her a set of those stackable rings...she actually picked them out herself. I showed her them at Walmart earlier today, and she went wild, kicking and reaching for them. She has already shown remarkable skill with them, lifting the rings off the pole...I think she learned from her Baby Einstein DVDs. She has a little more trouble putting them back on, but she'll learn. Happy Half-Birthday Amelia!

No comments: