Tuesday, March 20, 2007

If Amelia was a boy!


When I was pregnant with Amelia, I really, really REALLY wanted a girl. In my mind, I needed to kind of bet against myself to ensure that I would have a girl. So I prepared for a boy. I spent most Saturday mornings while pregnant going to yard sales, and at one, I found a bunch of brand new baby boy clothes that still had tags attached and had never been worn for only $0.25 each. So I bought about 6 outfits. I was sure that this would ensure that I had a girl, and if I ended up with a boy, at least I would be prepared. Even after I found out from my ultrasound that Amelia was, in fact, a girl, I never bought any girl clothes just in case the actual act of buying any would turn her into a boy. And I never really trusted the ultrasound, so the first three questions I asked when waking up after the C-section were: #1 "Did I have the baby already?" #2 "Did they deliver the placenta?" (not sure why I asked that???) and #3 "Is it a boy or a girl?" And it was a girl.
So in the end we bought a bunch of pink girly clothes but I still kept the boy outfits. This one is a 6-9 month size, so I tried it on her the other day, and it fit really good and looked pretty cute on her, even if she does kind of look like a boy in it. In pink and blue clothes, she is adorable.

No comments: