Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Mimi!



This is the first time Mimi actually understood what a birthday was. Well, she probably doesn't know that 3 short years ago, I birthed her, but she knows that on a birthday, you get cake and presents.
So I had made a cake for her birthday. I didn't have a round pan, so I made a square cake and trimmed the sides. Then I put on a top layer of frosting and set it up on top of the microwave to finish later. Unfortunately, Mimi had other plans. While i was cooking and my hands were full, she pulled up her chair, carefully lifted the plate off the microwave, took a spoon out of the drawer, and started eating. She had taken a few bites when I realized what she was doing. I started to stop her, but then realized that it really didn't matter. So I pulled out the candles and let her decorate it, and we sang to her and she opened her presents.
We got her a Barbie, a doctor's kit, and a Yo Gabba Gabba Puzzle. She loves opening presents and kept asking for them. She also got a pink laptop from her Montana Grandparents, and a baby doll from her Wisconsin Grandparents.

No comments: