Saturday, February 9, 2008

Amelia goes to the ocean!


005
Uploaded by Hen7975


We drove down to Padre Island today to show Amelia the ocean for the first time. As I lifted her out of the car and set her down in the sand, I had my camera ready. This is the video of the very first time Amelia sees the ocean.


015
Uploaded by Hen7975


It was pretty warm today for February in Texas, about 75'F, and sunny, so I figured we'd probably walk around, watch Amelia eat sand, and make sandcastles. I thought Amelia would get her feet wet and then scream because the water was cool. Um, wrong! She got in and didn't want to leave. She kept trying to go farther and farther out, and even fell on her butt a few times, and even took a full backwards fall into the water, and she still wasn't done. After about 15 minutes, she was shivering, and we had to literally drag her, kicking and twisting, back to the car to put some dry clothes on her.

No comments: