Sunday, August 12, 2007

Caras Park Carousel





Kathy suggested that we take Amelia to the Caras Park carousel, and I thought it was a great idea. I've always loved rides, even the scariest roller coasters, and I thought this would be a good introduction to rides for Amelia. We got our tickets, and while we were waiting for our turn, Kathy and I noticed that the carousel really moved...I mean, it was fast! We got on, selected our horses, and took a few pictures before the rides started. Amelia sat in front of me, and we were both secured with a leather strap around our waists. Then the carousel started moving, really fast, and I felt myself leaning out from the centrifugal force, and I was terrified! This was not the kind of carousel that I remembered from my childhood. I was so afraid that Amelia would fall off and they wouldn't be able to stop the ride. I spent the next few minutes with my arms wrapped around Amelia and my legs and ankles pressed tight to the horse, and my eyes were shut tight! After we got off, I was so wobbly, and Kathy said that when the ride started, Amelia's eyes got really wide, and she went pale because she was holding her breath, but she relaxed after a few seconds. For the next ride, we sat in one of the chariots, which was great because it didn't move at all! After the ride, Amelia and I shared the biggest shaved ice that I've ever seen.

No comments: