Sunday, May 13, 2007

Splish Splash!








Today it was really hot, over 80'F, and very sunny. I had been thinking about getting Amelia a baby pool to splash around in, but as I was about to go get one, I realized that even a small 4' round one wouldn't fit in our Scion. I thought we were out of luck, but then I realized that I could McGyver the bottom of her exersaucer into a splash pool. I added about a half-inch of water from the hose, and then set up the sprinkler to trickle water in it. I slathered Amelia in sunscreen and added a hat, and we were ready to splash. I wasn't sure how she likes it, because I thought she hated baths (the last time I tried a tub bath on her was 2 months ago, and she screamed so hard she turned purple, so I just give her kitchen sink and sponge baths). But as you can see from the pictures and the video, she loved it, and she splashed for about 20 minutes before I took her out to dry off.
(Progress! After the positive pool time, Amelia had her first tub bath in months about 2 hours ago, and she loved it!)

No comments: